Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Finals

I am in the midst of finals right now. I have to tell you, I'm not excited about it. Finals used to be my favorite two weeks of the year.

What's not to love about finals? You don't have to sit through a week of classes, you only have to take one test per class. Being that I'm not a choker, I usually do fairly well with tests and don't mind them. Campus is usually buzzing with flowers and excitement. I would be packing my things to enjoy a whole summer at home filled with picnics, a bf, a bff, movies, lightning bugs, the Muny at Forest park, the zoo, and work. So during finals I usually just relax take a couple of tests and am done by Wednesday. Then my parents come and move me home.

Well, I'll tell you what's not to love about finals this year. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. No summer in St. Louis. I start my summer classes on Monday and I don't finish until August 1st. It doesn't even feel like finals right now. It feels like midterms and there is nothing good about midterms.

I know I need to be more optimistic than I'm being. Summer at school could be really great. I hear they have concerts in the park. I live across the street from that park, how lucky am I? The pool is across the street in that park as well. For the last two summers I've never been tan because I've had a 8-5 job. This year I'm already more tan than I have been for the last two summers. It could be good, it will be good.

I'm just going to feel a little bit sorry for myself until after my two finals tomorrow are over and then I'll be happy that it is summer. It will just be a different kind of summer.




1 comment:

  1. But... and the END of summer... it'll be the END of school... right?!?! That's gotta be a nice thought to get you through. That and the tan thing...

    ReplyDelete