Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baby Monsters

This summer my sister's and I hosted a baby shower for our sister-in-law Erika. Instead of playing games we had a party craft. SURPRISE! We made monsters.

Here is how it happened...

I went to the thrift store and bought a few different men's dress shirts and cut out a bunch of different monster shapes.

At the party I laid out the shapes along with some pre-cut felt monster facial features, buttons, and embroidery floss. We let our friends and family let their creative juices flow.

I then sewed up their back halves, stuffed them and they came to life.



I made these two. We named them and on the back of their name tags we wrote descriptions of that monster's character. Halston Oliver Buchanan is on the left and he loves to read. Frieda Maria is on the right and she loves to go to all types of museums, art being her favorite.

Go Here to look at some more pictures of the adorable shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment