Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Decorating

Brian moved into our eventual apartment months ago.  The funny thing is, he thinks it already looks really girly and "decorated" because I put a candle holder on his table, shower curtains in the bathroom, and hand towels in the kitchen!  Oh, what a funny boy.  I'm not sure he realizes what's coming to him.

So I've gotten to the point where I can't take it anymore.  If he is telling everyone that I've decorated his apartment, I feel like I really should so at least I can be proud of it.

The first thing I want to do is paint birch trees on either side of our fire place.
I like the one on the left best for the fireplace.  I feel like the one on the right would be awesome in the bathroom or something.  I'm not sure yet.  These are actually awesome decals on etsy but super expensive and I can't afford that!
Find them here and here.

The other thing I would like to do is add artwork to (our) his apartment.  I think getting a huge paint-by-numbers painting would be awesome.  I found these on etsy too.  here and here.

We have started a library and we would like to decorate our bedroom with a kind of library theme. The plan is we would move the library decor into a library when we get a bigger place.   I found these paper-cut prints at elsita on etsy and fell in love! $7 each!
This is kind of what we had in mind for the "library" though.  I wanted to make something.  I wanted to get a huge square frame, 5'x5' or something.  Fill it will old book pages and paint something like this ship on top.  I would need something a little more simplified though.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see all you'll do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all your ideas! your place is going to look so cute!

    ReplyDelete