Monday, April 11, 2011

Handmade Gifts

People generally make the mistake of thinking that home-made gifts are economical.

They're not.

I love to crochet!  I do it because I think it is fun.  It gives me a sense of accomplishment.  I love to crochet gifts for people.  I think about that person while I crochet for hours.   It gives me such joy to give those time consuming gifts to people I love.

All that to say, buying the yarn for my crocheted gifts usually average $20-$30.  A simple gift like a blanket takes me 6 hours.  Complicated gifts like animals take me forever!  I love it.  Pictures like this make me want to cry they are so precious.


found here

Sewing on the other hand might be economical.  I can always find fabric discounted or being practically given away and making something like a tiny dress or romper, usually only take a couple of hours!  I might start sewing more...  I don't know?


1 comment: