Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chiffon Flowers DIY

I've been wanting to make chiffon flowers for a long time.  I happen to have a little stash of navy chiffon in my collection so here is what I did....

I loosely cut a bunch of circles out of the chiffon.  These are about 2.5" in diameter.  The trick is to lightly melt all of the edges with a lighter so that they don't fray.  It also gave the circles fun realistic petal shapes.  I then folded each petal in fourths and sewed about 5 of the corners together.

This is what it looks like after you sew them together.  Then you can personalize them any way you want.  I sewed on a big jewel to the center and put it on a bottle of wine for a friend.  You could add pearls to the center, you could do anything.

This is a blurry picture of it pinned to my sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment