Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Book Club


I read Insurgent almost 2 months ago now.  I really enjoy the premise of a distopian chicago with new classes characterized by personality.  I have to admit I've known where these books were going every step of the way.  It bores me a little.  The classic love loss, love gain, love loss game of tag is boring.

I think I just need a break from preadolescent literature and read some poetry that will spark some emotion and imagination in me.

Anyhow, I of course will admit it was a quick read because I did want to know if I was truly right or if the book was going to take a dramatic turn.  You know I'll read the third one whenever it does surface in the next year or so.

Maybe you should call me a hypocrit but it was a good enough for summer read.

No comments:

Post a Comment