Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Book Club

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern...
I just fell in love with the circus.  The world that Erin Morgenstern created was fanciful, elegant and left me daydreaming about what else may be going on there.
I may have been daydreaming about the circus a little too much because I wasn't interested in the love story.
Two magicians are pitted against one another in competition from age 10.  That sounds awesome...but then a lack luster love story ensues.
I wanted this book to be darker and scarier.  It had the perfect opportunity to combine beauty and terror.

Maybe I should go read something wicked this way comes?


Yet the book was just lovely, it really was.  I wrongfully had different expectations and came up short.  It was a great fun read.  I'd recommend it to every girl who likes to read about magic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment