Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday Book Club

I’d like to start this post by noting that I’m the person that reads the last chapter first.  This is not always the case.  If the book is too slow, I like to read the last chapter or last few pages of the book.  I want the end to be dramatically different from the beginning, because that tells me the journey will be exciting.  If the ending is similar to the beginning of the book, I’m not interested in reading it.  I need more development in the middle.

I read, I Only Mark the Hours that Shine by Edith Bouvier Beale, because I'm a Grey Gardens fan.  I would recommend it to the fans.  Just keep in mind it is written by an 11 year-old girl and is boring at times.  Little Edie's journal does give you a sweet insight to her extravagant lifestyle and enduring love for her mother.  I do want to leave you with the last sentence written in her journal for the year 1929.  It won’t give anything away, but I think it really captures the essence of Edie…


No comments:

Post a Comment