Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

October Tablescape!

I may not care for Halloween much, but I love to decorate for fall!  After all I did get married in October and had mums lining my aisle.



My house has so much gold in it, it's fun to move things around and suddenly the items look seasonal!


I made this table runner 2 years ago.  I got the fabric from Hancocks, but I thought it had a decidedly Orla Kiely look about it..


I got the candlesticks and candles from Home Goods this season.  Wondering around Home Goods is only my favorite way to kill a Saturday afternoon.


The green Oliver Vase and these leaf plates were wedding gifts from Crate and Barrel of course!  The gold bowl is from the Nate Berkus collection at Target!


The wood slices covered in moss are from my wedding too!  Those were a DIY project that became more than a labor of love with help from my whole family.  It all started with my father-in-law cutting down a dead tree and slicing it up for me.  I then took the slices to my parent's house to dry out in the garage.  To our delight, those wood slices started to grow mold on them!  Everyday either my mom, dad or I would go outside hand scrape the fresh mold off of them and lay them out to dry in the sun.  Preferably we would lay them on their thin side so that mold didn't grow on the under side.  I think my dad even rubbed bleach into them to kill everything.    After enough of that and the day before the wedding my mom, bridesmaids, and I covered those suckers with floral tack and moss.  The nice thing is I think almost everyone has a few slices around their homes!





No comments:

Post a Comment