Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday Book Club

The Maze Runner
by James Dashner

I saw this book on a few lists that compared it to The Hunger Games, only it's for boys.  I was curious and thought I would give it a try.  Finding similar lists is the reason I read Divergent, so why not try another.

I know Divergent wasn't written especially well, but I think the Maze Runner is a little worse.  I also realize these are children's books so I shouldn't be shocked that I felt smarter than the protagonist.  I was often frustrated that the main character, Thomas, couldn't put two and two together and figure out what was going to happen next quick enough.

Over all, I enjoyed the plot and the idea of the book.  I'm looking forward to the next one, which I can finally pick up from the library tomorrow!

I am a critical reader but my ratings on books for goodreads.com are usually based upon how much I enjoyed the journey of reading the book.  I gave The Maze Runner  4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment