Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Birthday Week Day 3


I've always been mildly interested in gardening, but more lazy than interested.  Weeding in the summer heat always seemed like punishment when I was a kid.  So when I got married I tried for 2 years to keep plants alive and was very unsuccessful. This has been my first year of real gardening.


This summer we took charge of the yard.  My husband made two raised beds for a vegetable garden!  If you follow me on instagram, you've seen a lot of pictures of squash, zucchini and green beans.  After 3 years, I finally grew something!  Not to mention that my hydrangeas are still alive; which I count as a great accomplishment compared to last year.

All that to say, after growing green beans I get how "Jack and the Bean Stalk" became a fairy tale.  (The bean seedlings doubled in size every 12 hours!)  Who doesn't love a little whimsy while celebrating their birthday?


No comments:

Post a Comment