Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Book Club

There is too much work/life cross over going on right now.  I need a break.  You know the type of break that lets my chin heal from its adolescent explosion of stress acne.  Yeah, yowzas.

One thing that keeps me sane is making time for reading.  There is something so calming about letting my mind wander into a book that does all the thinking for me.  Why is it that when you feel overwhelmed or busy it's impossible to find time for reading?  Anyhow, here is one of the last books I have read.

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo is the sequel to the teen fantasy novel that I read over the summer.  The last time I read a few books in this genre, it almost made me mad about how predictable it was.  This book had more action and took more turns than I expected.  This is really one of my favorite teen fiction series that I've read in a long time.  Yet again I must give this warning:  The third book of this trilogy is not yet published!  If you don't like waiting in between books, don't pick this one up until next year or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment