Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

DIY Sock Cuffs

I started crocheting when I was 17, then I tried knitting.  I think that's how every knitting fail story starts.  After accomplishing grandmother level crochet skills, knitting came just too slow and was hard to figure out.  If you are sick of trying different scarf methods and too intimidated by actual socks, this sock cuff project is perfect for you.


I started off with the Picot cast on.  Don't worry, I had no idea what that was until I saw this.  Isn't YouTube the greatest?

Then I just knit 2, purl 2 to make a rib for the length of the sock part.  It's only about 4" long and then I stopped fastened off and sewed the two sides together to make a cuff.


It was also a great opportunity for me to use some of my fancy alpaca yarn.  The needles I used are US 8 or 5.0mm.


This whole project took me almost 3 hours!  That's how slow I am.  I hardly ever knit, but I did start to gain some speed toward the end there.



1 comment:

  1. Ooooo I love these! I can't knit, but am a huge fan of showing off socks at the top of my boots. Although mine would be a crazy color.

    ReplyDelete