Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Table Setting Thanksgiving

Now that you've seen my Thanksgiving tablescape, I wanted to show you my table setting...
When I got married I chose very simple white square plates.  I knew that they would be my blank canvas to show off delicious food and they would easily go with any occasion. 

Here I put our brown patterned napkins in the center of the plates with gold pumpkins and gourds as name place card holders.  

That's right, I just spray painted the orange and fall colored pumpkins/gourds I had for Halloween.  It was quick and easy.  I love the way they turned out.

 I love that I can mix and match other dishes with my simple white ones as well.  Notice my little appetizer plates I used under the place card holders.  They have an embossed pattern and black edges.

I mixed a lot of different neutrals in my centerpiece and place settings.  I just went with it!  Sometimes you just have to go for it and see if it works.  In this case I mixed white, tan, grey, browns, silver, gold, taupe and a touch of black.  It's just a jumble of soft neutrals and it works! Don't get hung up on matching colors!







No comments:

Post a Comment