Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Living Room Realization


When did people get so informal?  I've been living my short adult life so casually.  Why don't we bring back real paper invitations, serving dinner on china, and dressing up?  I feel like looking nice shows the people that I'm with that I respect them enough to spend a little more time and effort on my appearance.  Maybe I'm just growing up or maybe I'm just falling in love with lush fabrics and wanting an excuse to bring them in my life. 

All of that to say, I'm looking into having a more formal living room.  I'm just starting to buy furniture for that room.  I already have the couch and coffee table pictured above.  I'm thinking it would be awesome to have navy velvet arm chairs to complement the neutral tones.  I love the idea of mixing rich textures by adding in dark throw pillows like the ones pictured above, too.

BTW.... all the furniture is from Home Decorators and the pillows are from H&M!


No comments:

Post a Comment